The Infidels.org has a discussion board on the creation evolutionary controversy. IDers affectionately refer to it as the swamp. Sometimes the slimy swamp creature crawl out and start to menace society. Notice what happens when I show up at KCFS, the thread is swarmed by slimy creatures.
But as Tom Cruise said in Top Gun, “I love a target-rich environment!”
The standard template which I expect the opponent to employ:
2. citation of irrelevant literature
3. a straw man knockdown, followed by, “this shows what an idiot sal is”
4. 5 or 6 piling on congratulating each other on the supposed refutation of my point
5. swarm and bait tactics will attempt to derail the conversation with red herrings
6. ad hominems a plenty
7. and they’ll respond to what ever I say by something like, “you proved nothing”
The effective counter strategy:
If one is arguing for a definsible position, then the proper debate technique in such an environment when out numbered 20-to-one is to go after a leadership target until the leadership target is vanquished. Repeat the process for the remaining. At the end, only compulsive spamming die-hards will be left.
Some of the lesser targets will only be like land mines as they’re so logically challenged, they go into Chewbacca Defense Mode just by the mere act of debating!
These threads can go up to a thousand posts with the other side compulsively trying to have the last definitive word.
It’s good batting practice for me at keeping one’s cool and finding innovative and witty ways to slam ones opponent in debate.